Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DISCOVERING GOD’S PROMISES


(1Thess. 5:21 – Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.)



1. Keep a good name. Proverbs 22:1 – A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. 2 Chronicles 7:14 – If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; the will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2. Be alert. Resist the devil. Prov. 22:6 – Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. 1 Peter 5:8 (GNB) – Be alert, be on watch! Your enemy, the Devil, roams around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. James 4:7 – Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

3. Know God’s plan. Seek His will in all your decisions. Jer. 29:11 (GNB) – I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. Rom 12:2 – And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, the ye may PROVE what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 1 John 5:14 – And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:

4. Do the best you can in everything, but prioritize God.  (Attend all worship services.) Deut. 28:13 – And the LORD shall make thee the HEAD, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them: Matt 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

5. Keep your body fit and healthy. 1 Cor. 6:19 – What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? Rom 12:1 – I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, the ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. Psalms 103:2-3 – Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth ALL thine iniquities; who healeth ALL thy diseases;

6. Take the challenge. Bring all your tithes and offerings. Malachi 3:10-12 – Bring ye ALL the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in the mine house, and PROVE ME now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. And all nations shall call you BLESSED: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

7. Know God personally, as to a Friend. Read His (letters) Word and talk to Him in prayer. John 5:39 – SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me. Mark 11:24 – Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. John 15:14 – Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

8. Keep a family altar. Have a regular family worship. Psalms 55:17 – Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice. Isaiah 55:6 – SEEK YE THE LORD while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near.

9. Prepare to meet thy God. 2 Kings 20:1 – Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. James 5:16 – Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Amos 4:12 – Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet they God, O Israel.

10. Heaven is our home. Our ultimate goal is to see Jesus and our loved ones. John 14:1-3 – Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. Phil. 3:20 (ESV) – But our CITIZENSHIP is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

“Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.” Cor. 2:9.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...